If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Steamed chicken with mushrooms

This is simple and delicious steamed chicken dish that usually I like to cook.





- Ingredients- few types of dried mushrooms (soaked before cook), ginger slices and red dates




- Taste better when serve hot..


Recipe to share

1. Marinate chicken pieces with light soy sauce, dark soy sauce(for coloring), sesame oil, salt, sugar, tapioca flour and Tiew Heng wine for at least 1 hour.

2. Heat sesame oil, saute ginger, add all the mushrooms and red dates, tasted with oyster sauce and light soy sauce, stir fry for about 3mins.

3. Arrange marinated chicken pieces and cooked mushrooms on a steam tray, add some tapioca flour water and steam for 15mins.

4. Serve hot.

16 comments:

Nancymommy said...

好健康的食材,又是用蒸的,我也来很喜欢这样来蒸鸡..因为,我超爱吃木耳的...

Colin Woon said...

Like Nancy said, delicious and healthy, me like too! Mushroom and chicken are our favorite too!

Bakeling said...

Emile,nowadays I don't take catering home delivery anymore ,so I need to cook simple meals.

All those ingredients are my favourite food. So ,I need to buy
kam zham and mu yi in order to make something like yours !

Thanks for the idea.

Cindy Khor said...

a typical homecook dish, makes me think of my mum's cooking... looks good i must say...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nancy, I love 木耳 too..

Colin, ask your wife to cook it since this is too simple to prepare...

Bakeling, ya, this is simple to cook, even keep overnight it still taste good.

Cindy Khor, ya, this is typical Chinese grand mum dish, hehehe..

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

looks like wat my mom would cook on a typical day too..

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Joe, Thanks for dropping by, just hop over your blog, wah, you have so many food reviews, and it will become my food guide in the future..

Happyland said...

真的是一道很健康的菜哦^^
有机会要尝试一下下了...

Annie said...

Oh great, this is a healthy dish! Will try this one day!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Happyland, you should try this very healthy Ah Mah dish, hehehe..

Annie, I remembered 1st sister very good in cooking this dish, and I saw Elaine and Emily enjoyed so much during last 2 years CNY gathering, you should cook this...

choi yen said...

The gravy will become very sweet, go well with white rice :)

温馨小屋 said...

哇!这道我也是喜欢!那蒸鸡的汤汁,若给孩子配饭,一定还要加饭!

Agnes Sim said...

looks easy...want to try 1 day. :p

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

mimid3vils, yes, the gravy is very sweet and tasty.

Felvinc, yes, kids sure love this dish.

Agnes,quickly try it

Cheryl said...

Oh, this is my mother's favourite dish, and I miss it too :) Yummy and healthy....!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Cheryl, ya lor, this is our grand mother type of dish, hahaha..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin